Thursday, December 31, 2009

Letter from a Grateful Mom

I am writing this letter with regards to my daughter's speech therapy. She
has been in therapy with Dr. Ana Schmidt and the palatometer since September
2009. I have been so pleased with her progress and success with this
therapy tool.

I would like to share some of my daughter's history with you so that you can
understand my gratitude and appreciation for the tools and strategies used
to bring success to her hard work.

Jamie is an 8 year old little girl who has had some "cute" habits with her
speech. Most of her articulation errors have always added to her
personality, but she never out grew them. Our family dentist informed us
several years ago that Jamie had a tongue thrust and an open and cross bite.
They referred us to an orthodontist and he recommended that we work with a
speech pathologist to strengthen her tongue position in rest and speech.
After working with her for several months, Jamie made little progress and it
was determined that she was tongue tied. We were then referred to an oral
surgeon. He performed a frenectomy and projected that Jamie's speech errors
would improve in just a few months. When we didn't see improvement, we
returned to the orthodontist, who then referred us to Dr. Schmidt.
At this point, I was anxious to try just about anything to bring success to
Jamie's hard work. Dr. Schmidt has given us so much hope and encouragement with the
use of the palatometer. Jamie's progress has been remarkable and she is
speaking beautifully. I know that it has all been with this innovative
therapy.

I would love if more people could become aware of this technique and treatment. It makes so much sense.

I am forever grateful.

Sincerely,

Julie Alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment